WATCH LIVE CRICKET HERE

Hope Dhoni was watching me perform: Rohit

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Deccan Chargers' Rohit Sharma hopes the hat-trick against Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League was watched by India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni as he attempts to cement his place in the one-day squad. Despite the bundle of talent, Rohit has been in and out of the one-day squad but feels yesterday's performance would serve as a message to the India think tank. "I hope he (Dhoni) watched the game... Maybe... yes... he may have," Rohit said. His hat-trick was spread over two overs with scalps of Abhishek Nayar, Harbhajan Singh and JP Duminy and Rohit said he was taking his off-spin seriously. "I am a good bowler and have been working hard at my bowling. I didn't get enough opportunities at international level. I have been bowling well in whatever opportunities I have been getting. I am happy that I came out with a hat-trick," Rohit told IPL's official website. The 22-year-old Mumbai Ranji player was quite surprised that he got the hat-trick, the second of the ongoing IPL after Yuvraj Singh's feat, and considered himself lucky. "I never thought so, to be honest. I was lucky to get a hat-trick. I never thought I would get wickets, so let alone get a hat-trick. So quite surprising actually," said Rohit. Since his was a split hat-trick, Rohit was confused of at first and it needed Ryan Harris to inform him about his feat. "I started running all over the ground and I enjoyed it." After yesterday's bowling performance, Rohit feels he could now be called an all-rounder. "I think so maybe, you can call me that now."

Comments

No response to “Hope Dhoni was watching me perform: Rohit”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment